The perfect dessert for those with a sweet tooth and for lovers of a fine stout.
PennyComeQuick ice cream is a twist on the traditional – with rich chocolate and malt flavours from our easy drinking milk-stout. Exclusively created by Freddy Bird, chef of the Glassboat, Lido Restaurant and Three Brothers Burgers in Bristol.
- 1 litre full fat milk
- 250ml cream
- 260g sugar
- 60g skimmed milk powder
- 300g milk chocolate
- 150g 70% chocolate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bottles PennyComeQuick – reduced to 3 tablespoons syrup
- Reduce the PennyComeQuick by heating gently until it becomes a thick syrup.
- In a separate pan, heat the milk and double cream. Add the sugar, salt and milk powder.
- When simmering pour over the chocolate, add the reduced stout and blend with a stick blender.
- Cool and churn in your ice cream machine.
Get your PennyComeQuick from our online shop, here!