The finest minds in pub ‘science’ have classified pub personalities into six tribes. Which one are you? Find out here.
The Organiser is a natural leader. She’s the one who gets a night out in the diary and makes sure everyone turns up.
The Organiser in a nutshell:
- A ninja at getting served at the bar
- Organises the best birthday bashes
- Knows lots and lots about beer
- Has strong opinions and loves to start deep meaningful conversations late in the night
- Great at getting problems solved – from forgotten reservations, to wobbly tables – she’s got this.
The Explorer is one of life’s great adventurers. He’s the one to rely on if you’re on a pub crawl or if you want advice about which ale to try next.
The Explorer in a nutshell:
- Always wants to go and try a pint in another pub, another town, another continent
- Loves to photograph his pint and share it on WhatsApp
- Likes a fancy schmancy glass
- Deeply interested in the provenance of his beer
- Never ever sessions – prefers a different pint every round.
The Dependable will be there to sup a pint with, through thick and thin. As long as you’re going to his favourite local and he can sit in his favourite booth.
The Dependable in a nutshell:
- Really loves the first pint of the night
- Appreciates the magic of pub ritual and bonding with friends
- Is allergic to change
- Always sits in the same place in the same pub
- Has a favourite pint and nothing else will do
- Does NOT photograph his pint – and tuts at people who do
- Is a quiet beast, until roused.
The Warrior is a fearsome pub personality. She know what she likes and she likes what she knows.
The Warrior in a nutshell:
- Tends to stick with what she knows
- But likes to try a bit of everything
- Can be argumentative and will fight her corner
- Loves talking to other people in the pub
- The queen of bar snacks – they play to her hunter-gatherer nature.
There’s a Joker in every pack in the pub. He’ll be clutching a pint of good solid ale – none of your fancy stuff.
The Joker in a nutshell:
- Cheats in the pub quiz
- Loves to play the odd practical joke
- Is slow to finish his pint (but not as slow as The Ponderer)
- Gets bored easily so he wants to try that new place
- Spends half the night chatting to the barman
- Quite fussy about the head and pour of his pint.
The Ponderer has got a degree in philosophy from the university of life. She’s the person to take your ethical dilemmas and family disagreements to.
The Ponderer in a nutshell
- Deeply distracted by the meaning of life
- Always the last to finish her pint
- At her best in a one to one conversation
- If there’s nothing else to ponder, she’ll contemplate her pint
- Hopeless at getting served
- Always late.
Ready for the perfect night in the pub?
Join us at our brewery tap – The Old Ale House, Truro.